I am a postdoctoral researcher looking at artificial spin triplet superconductivity in superconducting/ferromagnetic multilayers in collaboration with Leeds, St Andrews, Bath, and Royal Holloway universities.
I completed my PhD in the thin film magnetism group (TFM) in Cambridge University in 2011 entitled “Electrodeposition, magnetism and growth studies of cobalt, nickel and copper”. I specialise in electrodeposition, superconductivity, polarised neutron reflection, and thin film and nanoparticle magnetism. I completed a PDRA under the EPSRC PhD+ scheme in the TFM group, looking at the levelling effects of various organic molecules on copper electrodeposition. I obtained my MPhys in Physics from the University of Warwick in 2007.
Research and development interests
My main research applies neutron reflectivity and x-ray scattering to the investigation of artificially generated spin triplet superconductors.
• The effects of electrolyte concentration on film homogeneity in electrodeposition. J. F. K. Cooper, K. N. Vyas, J. J. Palfreyman, and C. H. W. Barnes. Electrochem. Comm.27, (2013) 96
• Spin injection and transport in solution-processed organic semiconductor at room temperature. S. Mooser, J. F. K. Cooper, K. K. Banger, J. Wunderlich and H. Sirringhaus. Phys. Rev. B85, (2012) 235202
• Bitrex: a new leveling agent for copper. J. F. K. Cooper, and C. H. W. Barnes. Electrochimica Acta.56, (2011) 9448
• Experimental and theoretical analysis of magnetic moment enhancement in oxygen deficient EuO. M. Barbagallo, N. D. M. Hine, J. F. K. Cooper, N.-J. Steinke, A. Ionescu, C. H. W. Barnes, C. J. Kinane, R. M. Dalgliesh, T. R. Charlton and S. Langridge. Phys. Rev. B.81, (2010) 235216
• Magnetic micro-barcodes for molecular tagging applications. T. J. Hayward, B. Hong, K. N. Vyas, J. J. Palfreyman, J. F. K. Cooper, Z. Jiang, J. R. Jeong, J. Llandro, T. Mitrelias, J. A. C. Bland and C. H. W. Barnes. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys.43 (2010) 175001
Digital biomagnetism: Electrodeposited multilayer magnetic barcodes. J. J. Palfreyman, J. F. K. Cooper, F. Belle, B. Hong, T. J. Hayward, M. Lopalco, M. Bradley, T. Mitrelias and J. A. C. Bland. J. Magn. Magn. Mater.321 (2009) 1662