There are currently several opportunities for engineers to join the ISIS Design Division and work closely with fellow engineers and scientists, providing designs for one off equipment.
A wide variety of electrical engineering is used across the facility, including, but not limited to, high stability ac/dc power converters, pulsed power supplies, high voltage equipment installations, PLC based alarm and control systems, multi-axis motion control and 3 phase LV distribution networks.
Person and Job Specification
As part of the Electrical Engineering Group within the ISIS Design Division, you will be responsible for the design and procurement of electrical components for the ISIS facility.
This will include providing top level electrical engineering expertise to problem solving, design upgrades and new equipment over its full life-cycle from concept through detail design to manufacture, procurement, assembly installation, commissioning, operation and eventually decommissioning, using a structured project management approach.
Duties will include:
· Full lifecycle Electrical designs from concept and design through manufacture, operation and decommissioning.
· Production of documentation and drawings using AutoCAD.
· Presentation of designs for peer review.
· Provide top level electrical engineering expertise
· Produce budget estimates, project programs and documentation for future work packages.
· Managing tendering, procurement and delivery of approved designs.
· Direct Project Management of assigned projects and work packages.
· Monitor current project progress relative to agreed plans.
· Ensure production of relevant safety documentation.