The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe’s largest research organisations. Through combining world-class facilities with major international collaborations, and some of the world’s most talented staff, we’re driving ground-breaking advances in science and engineering.
STFC’s ISIS facility is a world-leading source of pulsed neutrons and muons. The facility performs cutting edge research into the structure and properties of materials at an atomic and molecular level.
About The Role:
We now have exciting new opportunities for Mechanical Development Engineers to join the ISIS Design Division, working closely with fellow engineers and scientists to specify, design, procure and develop bespoke mechanical and electrical equipment and complex systems for the facility.
Our engineers are responsible for taking top level development ideas and managing the complete development process through engineering concept, design, procurement, installation / commissioning, testing and final reporting.
Further responsibilities will include:
• Carrying out engineering calculations and simulations to ensure the development brief is met.
• Preparing work instructions for staff carrying out development and test programmes.
• Managing tendering, procurement and delivery of approved designs, equipment and services.
• Presenting reports on designs and test programmes for peer and stakeholder review.
• Managing multi-disciplinary staff carrying out programmes of development and testing.
Successful applicants will be appointed at either Band D (Engineer) or Band E (Senior Engineer) of STFC’s staffing hierarchy, depending on the strength of your skills, experience and qualifications. For more information on ISIS you may wish to view one of our videos - https://player.vimeo.com/video/134620021