Working within the ISIS Design Division, you will be responsible for taking top level development ideas and managing the complete development process for them through engineering concept, design, procurement, installation/commissioning, testing and final reporting.
ISIS uses a wide range of technologies, from RF cavities and magnetic components, through to materials used in extreme environments.
Candidates would have a broad understanding of the engineering and would have specific in-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
• RF cavities
• Magnetic elements (AC or DC)
• High Vacuum engineering
• Precision alignment
• Materials engineering
• Precision motion
• Thermo-dynamics, heat transfer and fluid flow
Duties will include:
• To take development engineering ideas for complex mechanical engineering components or systems from concept through design, procurement, commissioning and testing and final reporting.
• Carry out appropriate engineering calculations and simulations to ensure the development brief is met.
• Prepare work instructions for staff carrying out development and test programmes.
• Prepare and present reports on designs and test programmes for peer and stakeholder review.
• Manage tendering, procurement and delivery of approved designs, equipment and services.
• Ensure all development activities are carried out safely and to required codes of practice.
• Manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary staff carrying out programmes of development and testing.
For more information, please click here.