Duties will include:
• to take development engineering ideas for complex mechanical engineering components or systems from concept through design, procurement, commissioning and testing and final reporting
• carry out appropriate engineering calculations and simulations to ensure the development brief is met
• prepare work instructions for staff carrying out development and test programmes
• prepare and present reports on designs and test programmes for peer and stakeholder review
• manage tendering, procurement and delivery of approved designs, equipment and services
• ensure all development activities are carried out safely and to required codes of practice
• manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary staff carrying out programmes of development and testing.
You will be appointed at either Band D or Band E of STFC’s staffing hierarchy, depending on the strength of your skills, experience and qualifications.
Applicants will be reviewed and interviewed on an on-going basis.
For more information on ISIS you may wish to view one of our videos - https://player.vimeo.com/video/134620021
For more information and to apply, click here.