Working at the forefront of scientific endeavour isn’t possible without a dedicated team of engineers able to turn abstract scientific ideas into reality. At STFC’s ISIS facility, a leading particle accelerator used to carry out research in the physical and life sciences, each problem requires a unique solution, taking advantage of the latest technologies to deliver the seemingly impossible. Our engineers have the freedom to choose their own solution, and the responsibility to take it to completion.
We now have several opportunities for Electrical Project Engineers to join the ISIS Design Division, on either a full time or part time basis, working closely with fellow engineers and scientists, providing designs for one off equipment.
A wide variety of electrical engineering is used across the facility, including, but not limited to, high stability ac/dc power converters, pulsed power supplies, high voltage equipment installations, PLC based alarm and control systems, multi-axis motion control and 3 phase LV distribution networks.
As part of the Electrical Engineering Group within the ISIS Design Division, you will be responsible for the design and procurement of electrical components for the ISIS facility.
This will include providing top level electrical engineering expertise to problem solving, design upgrades and new equipment over its full life-cycle from concept through detail design to manufacture, procurement, assembly installation, commissioning, operation and eventually decommissioning, using a structured project management approach.
Duties will include:
• full lifecycle Electrical designs from concept and design through manufacture, operation and decommissioning
• production of documentation and drawings using AutoCAD
• presentation of designs for peer review
• provide top level electrical engineering expertise
• produce budget estimates, project programs and documentation for future work packages
• managing tendering, procurement and delivery of approved designs
• direct Project Management of assigned projects and work packages
• monitor current project progress relative to agreed plans
• ensure production of relevant safety documentation.
You will be appointed at either Band D or Band E of STFC’s staffing hierarchy, depending on the strength of your skills, experience and qualifications.
Applicants will be reviewed on an on-going basis, with those meeting the required criteria interviewed either by Skype/phone initially, followed by a second stage interview and assessment onsite.
For more information on ISIS you may wish to view one of our videos - https://player.vimeo.com/video/134620021
For more information and to apply, click here.