Working at the forefront of scientific endeavour isn't possible without a dedicated team of engineers able to turn abstract scientific ideas into reality. At the Science and Technology Facilities Council's (STFC) ISIS facility, a leading particle accelerator used to carry out research in the physical and life sciences, each problem requires a unique solution, taking advantage of the latest technologies to deliver the seemingly impossible. Our engineers have the freedom to choose their own solution, and the responsibility to take it to completion.
Duties will include
• to take development engineering ideas for complex mechanical engineering components or systems from concept through design, procurement, commissioning and testing and final reporting
• carry out appropriate engineering calculations and simulations to ensure the development brief is met
• prepare work instructions for staff carrying out development and test programmes
• prepare and present reports on designs and test programmes for peer and stakeholder review
• manage tendering, procurement and delivery of approved designs, equipment and services
• ensure all development activities are carried out safely and to required codes of practice
• manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary staff carrying out programmes of development and testing.
You will be appointed at either Band D or Band E of STFC's staffing hierarchy, depending on the strength of your skills, experience and qualifications.
Applicants will be reviewed and interviewed on an on-going basis.
For more information on ISIS you may wish to view one of our videos - https://player.vimeo.com/video/134620021
For more information and to apply, click here.