ISIS is the STFC coordinator for the next generation neutron source, ESS, being built in Sweden. A procurement advisor is required to support the UK contribution to this £1.65b international project. The role will be to supply advise and support for procurement of high value, complex and highly specialised procurement within a public sector framework.
List of Duties / Work Programme / Responsibilities
• Supply procurement advice for ESS project and other ISIS major procurements at all stages from pre contract through to tender and contract management.
• Work with the project managers to generate procurement plans for complex technical systems
• Work with UKSBS central services and STFC on the procurement process to deliver best value procurement.
• Provide contract and supplier management.
• Liaise with STFC Head of Procurement and STFC Finance teams on procurement practice and process.
Contacts and Communication
• You will be providing advice and support to a broad range of technical staff. Reporting to project managers and budget holders on the best routes to procurement and on procurement legislation and process. You will also be responsible for providing procurement contract advice enabling the highest quality procurement of highly specialized equipment and services.
• You will be required to negotiate with suppliers on variations to deliverables and the resulting financial changes.
Personal Skills and Attributes
• A high degree of interpersonal skills, including good communication skills with a proven ability to work with others and provide a high level of customer service.
• Up to date procurement best practice and legislative knowledge
• Computer literate
• Proven experience in supplier negotiations
Any other Relevant Information
• The post may require to visits suppliers or collaborators from time to time
For more information and to apply, click here.