The ISIS Electronic User Support Group provides beamline scientists and users of the 34 neutron and muon instruments with control and instrumentation equipment and technical support. The C&I equipment developed and supported by the group includes:
• Motion Control Systems
• Temperature Control Systems
• Gas Management & Intensification Systems
• High precision AC, DC Sources
• Low Power HV Sources
Alongside scientific support, the group is responsible for operational support of beamline infrastructure, including:
• Beam Line Motion Control Systems
• Beam Line Personnel Safety Systems
The group is currently looking for an individual to provide high quality control and instrumentation systems to other support groups, scientific staff and visiting users. There is the opportunity to join the group in a team leader capacity, developing and managing the support team.
You will be required to work as a classified radiation worker, participate in the group's out-of-hours on-call scheme and occasionally travel within the UK and overseas.
It is desirable to hold a full UK driving license.
C&I Engineer Responsibilities
• Provide, support, maintain & repair C&I equipment.
• Contribute to the development of C&I equipment.
• Support, maintain and repair beam line motion control systems.
• Support, maintain and repair beam line personnel safety systems.
• Produce technical drawings and documentation.
• Apply sound safe working methods.
Team Leader Responsibilities (In addition to Engineer responsibilities)
• Manage a team of technicians.
• Provide sound technical judgement and expertise to support team and the group’s customers.
• Manage the delivery of the group’s operational support capabilities to technical groups, science groups and visiting users.
• Manage the group’s maintenance and repair activities.
• Identify key support performance indicators, monitor and improve.
• Manage the team’s safe working practices; ensuring compliance with STFC’s safety policy.
For more information and to apply, click here.