We are looking for highly motivated and independent scientists to join the Crystallography Group as part of the IMAT and ENGIN-X teams. Permanent and fixed-term positions are available depending on experience of the candidates. The roles will focus on the efficient commissioning of the new IMAT instrument, supporting the user programmes on both IMAT and ENGIN-X and contributing to ongoing equipment development projects (for example, new sample environment devices). You will be encouraged to perform your own independent research programme in the field of neutron imaging and/or diffraction.
List of Duties / Work Programme / Responsibilities.
• Provide local contact support for users of IMAT and ENGIN-X.
• Contribute to the development of the imaging and powder diffraction capabilities on IMAT and ENGIN-X, including sample environment facilities and data analysis techniques.
• Seek funding for instrument and other equipment upgrades.
• Represent and actively work on increasing the user base.
• Provide supervision for students and team members (dependent on experience).
• Conduct and disseminate research via publications and conference presentations.
• Conduct tours for visiting scientists and visiting members of the public.
For more information and to apply, click here.