Working within the ISIS Design Division, you will be responsible for taking top level development ideas and managing the complete development process for them through engineering concept, design, procurement, installation/commissioning, testing and final reporting.
ISIS uses a wide range of technologies, from RF cavities and magnetic components, through to materials used in extreme environments.
Candidates would have a broad understanding of the engineering and would have specific in-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
· RF cavities
· Magnetic elements (AC or DC)
· High Vacuum engineering
· Precision alignment
· Materials engineering
· Precision motion
· Thermo-dynamics, heat transfer and fluid flow
Duties will include:
· To take development engineering ideas for complex mechanical engineering components or systems from concept through design, procurement, commissioning and testing and final reporting.
· Carry out appropriate engineering calculations and simulations to ensure the development brief is met.
· Prepare work instructions for staff carrying out development and test programmes.
· Prepare and present reports on designs and test programmes for peer and stakeholder review.
· Manage tendering, procurement and delivery of approved designs, equipment and services.
· Ensure all development activities are carried out safely and to required codes of practice.
· Manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary staff carrying out programmes of development and testing.
Salary: £31,384 - £45,664
Contract type: Open ended
Closing date: 7 December 2014.
To apply for this post, please use the 'Apply' link on the Top Careers website.