ISIS produces beams of neutrons and muons that allow scientists to study materials at the atomic level using a suite of instruments. It supports a national and international community of more than 2000 scientists who use neutrons and muons for research in physics, chemistry, materials science, geology, engineering and biology. It is the most productive research centre of its type in the world.
The Target Station Controls group designs, installs and maintains control systems for Target Station 1 and 2. We require an Electrical/Electronic technician to join the team.
List of Duties / Work Programme / Responsibilities
- design and development of Target Control Systems
- installation of Target Control systems
- fault finding on installed Target Control Systems
- manage record drawings using Autocad And Meridian
- organise a lab and two small workshops
- procure materials, components and spares
- work in a safe, tidy and responsible manner, according to by STFC SHE requirements.
Contacts and Communication
You will be working directly with the Engineers in the group and ISIS Target Operations Group.
Personal Skills and Attributes
You will show initiative and work with the minimum of supervision. You will display a moderate level of problem solving ability and a high level safety awareness. Additionally, you will need skills in work prioritisation, teamwork, communication and good attention to detail and accuracy.
Any Other Relevant Information
You will work within radiation controlled areas.
For more information and to apply, click here.