Sample Environment for neutron scattering; Cryogenics; Superconducting magnets; Ultra low temperature refrigeration and thermometry; Low temperature physics; Quantum fluids and solids; Low dimensional charged systems
I am author/co-author of 61 publications in refereed journals and three patents. My recent publications can be found here.
Most highly cited publications:
- S.O. Diallo, J.V. Pearce, R.T. Azuah, O. Kirichek, J.W. Taylor, H.R. Glyde Bose-Einstein Condensate in Solid 4He Phys. Rev. Lett., 98, 205301, 2007
- M. A. Adams, J. Mayers, O. Kirichek, and R. B. E. Down Measurement of the Kinetic Energy and Lattice Constant in hcp Solid Helium at Temperatures 0.07 – 0.4 K. Phys. Rev. Lett., 98, 085301, 2007
- E. Blackburn, J. M. Goodkind, S. K. Sinha, J. Hudis, C. Broholm, J. van Duijn, C. D. Frost, O. Kirichek, and R. B. E. Down Absence of a low-temperature anomaly in the Debye-Waller factor of solid 4He down to 140 mK Phys. Rev. B 76, 024523 2007
- Edge Excitations of Low-Dimensional Charged Systems (Vol. 236 in Horizons in World Physics), edited by O. Kirichek, NOVA Science Publishers, New York, 2000, 221 pages
- O. I. Kirichek, M. Saitoh, K. Kono, and F.I.B. Williams Surface Fluctuations of Normal and Superfluid 3He Probed by Wigner Solid Dynamics. Phys. Rev. Lett., 86, N 18, 2001, p. 4064
- K. Shirahama, O. I. Kirichek, and K. Kono. Wigner solid on the free surface of superfluid 3He-B. Phys. Rev. Lett., 79, N 21, 1997, 4218
- O. I. Kirichek, P. K. H. Sommerfeld, Yu. P. Monarkha, P. J. M. Peters, Yu. Z. Kovdrya, P. P. Steijaert, R. W. van der Heijden, and A. T. A. M. de Waele. Observation of novel edge excitations of a two-dimensional electron liquid on helium in a magnetic field. Phys. Rev. Lett., 74, N 7, 1995, p.1190
I am the Leader of the Sample Environment (SE) Group. My area of responsibility covers all aspects of providing SE for ISIS user program including operational, financial and planning issues. I am also responsible for ISIS SE development projects.
I graduated from Kharkov State University, Ukraine in 1984 as radiophysicist. Then I stayed on at Institute for Low Temperature Physics & Engineering where I received PhD in 1992. Later on, I worked as a post-doctoral researcher in Eindhoven University of Technology; the Institute of Physics, Czech Republic; and as a research fellow in ISSP, the University of Tokyo. In 2000 I joined Oxford Instruments Superconductivity where I worked as senior cryogenic engineer until 2005, when I joined ISIS as a leader of SE Group.