The role of the SAC is to advise the Director of ISIS on ISIS Operations and Development with respect to:
- the current status and future prospects in relevant areas of scientific research;
- the actions necessary for ISIS to make a relevant contribution to these areas, e.g. investment in instrumentation, techniques and ancillary facilities, and prioritisation;
- areas of current scientific activity which are declining in relevance.
The SAC consists of senior members of the UK and international community. As of January 2022 the membership is:
- Meeting Chair: Richard Catlow (UCL, Cardiff)
- Bill Stirling (ILL, ESRF)
- Paul Collier (Johnson Matthey)
- David Lennon (Glasgow)
- Alan Tennant (ORNL)
- Pascale Deen (ESS)
- Stephen Blundell (Oxford)
- Michael Preuss (Manchester & Monash)
- Stuart Clarke (Cambridge)
- Nicola Spaldin (ETH Zurich)
- Lise Arleth (Copenhagen)
The SAC meets twice per year, and the next meeting is 19th September 2022.
June 2022 Update - SAC Vacancies
The SAC would like to invite two early-career researchers (ERCs) from the ISIS community to be members, alongside an ERC from ISIS. Membership would be for a period of three years. This is an opportunity for the SAC to gain the views of early-career researchers, and a chance for early-career researchers to gain the experience of sitting on a senior advisory committee.
Applications for ERC places have now closed, and new members will be notified shortly.