The Safire2 is our microplate assay system, capable of measuring fluorescence, time-resolved fluorescence (TRF), fluorescence intensity (FI), fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) and absorbance. It can be used for a number of experiments including multichannel absorbance and fluorescence, polarization studies, biomolecular assays and top and bottom time resolved intensity measurements. It is located in the TS2 (R80) biolab.
Instrument features include:
- Temperature control from + 4 ˚C to + 42 ˚C
- 3 speed linear and orbital agitator
- 6 to 1536 well plates (we have a stock of 96 well plates, though you should check with us before your visit)
- Fluorescence excitation wavelength of 230 – 850 nm, emission wavelength 280 – 850 nm; adjustable bandwidth from 2.5 nm – 10 nm below 280 nm, 5 nm – 20 nm elsewhere
- Absorbance wavelength range of 230 – 1000 nm, bandwidth of 2.5 nm below 280 nm, 5nm elsewhere