The Principal Investigator has to:
- ensure that a trained team capable of running the experiment on a 24 hour basis will be available and that the researchers will observe the appropriate investigations, especially on safety, of ISIS and STFC.
- ensure that the information on the sample and the safety aspects of the experiment are correct and complete
- nominate the people who have access to the experimental data
- ensure that an experimental report is submitted within 3 months of experiment completion and that results from experiments at ISIS are published within a reasonable time frame
- ensure that ISIS is acknowledged in publications and that ISIS staff, where appropriate, are included as authors
Note that research students cannot be Principal Investigators on ISIS proposals.