Equipment currently available at ISIS includes the Netzsch F3 Jupiter and Hiden Isochema IGA, both located in the hydrogen and catalysis laboratory.
Netzsch F3 Jupiter
The Jupiter F3 is a high performance, high temperature thermogravimetric analysis instrument, with thermo-microbalance and differential scanning calorimetry capabilities.
- Operation from ambient to 1500 °C
- Flow control for gas dosing
- Can be used with corrosive gases; ammonia gas available
Hiden Isochema IGA-003
The Hiden Isochema IGA gravimetric analyser will precisely measure the magnitude and kinetics of vapour-phase samples at controlled temperatures and pressures.
- Operation from -196 °C to 1000 °C and UHV to 20 bar
- Close-coupled mass mass spectrometer available
- A second instrument is situated in the TS1 (R55) experimental hall for analysis during beamline experiments