This meeting, jointly organised by ISIS and the ILL, is a chance for UK users of neutron and muon beams to hear about latest science using these techniques, together with facility updates and other news of interest to the community. It will take place at the Warwick Conference Centre, in The Slate, with accommodation in near-by rooms. This meeting is held annually; over 300 people have registered for the 2019 meeting.
Registration for the meeting is now closed.
- Mon 29 April (11.00am onwards) will be a day for students who use neutrons and muons in their work – a chance to meet other students, and to learn more about neutron and muon techniques, and about the research that fellow students are doing.
- Tues 30 April (09.00 onwards) will be the main science day, split into five themes with talks on latest results from members of the community.
- Wed 1 May (09.00 – 13.00) will be a chance to hear about facility updates and other news of interest to ILL and ISIS users.
The BTM Willis Prize, awarded by the Neutron Scattering Group of the IoP and RSC, will be presented at the meetnig.
Full details of the meeting, including travel, registration and accommodation details, and the latest version of the programme, can be found in the InfoPack for the meeting NMSUM_InfoPack_2019.pdf
Confirmed speakers to-date include:
- Jenny Nelson (Imperial, plenary)
- Paolo Rech (UFRGS, Brazil, plenary)
- Dave Barlow (Kings London, plenary)
Functional Materials (Session organisers: Martin Jones, ISIS; Mohamed Zbiri, ILL)
- Jacqui Cole (Cambridge / ISIS)
- Anne Guilbert (Imperial)
- Hany El-Shinawi (Sheffield)
- Christian Masquelier (Picardie)
- Maria Diaz-Lopez (ISIS)
- Adrian Porch (Cardiff)
- Abbie Mclaughlin (Aberdeen)
- Paul Anderson (Birmingham)
Biosciences & Soft Matter (Session organisers: Armando Maestro, Matthew Blakeley, ILL; Max Skoda, ISIS)
- Anthony Higgins (Swansea)
- Svetlana Antonyuk (Liverpool)
- Lindsay McGregor (Kings London / ILL)
Magnetism & Superconductivity (Session organisers: Ross Stewart, ISIS; Navid Querishi, ILL)
- Aiden Hindmarch (Durham)
- Mark Laver (Birmingham)
- Simon Riberolles (Warwick / ILL)
- Lucy Clark (Liverpool)
- Deepak Singh (ISIS)
- Manila Sonvilay (Edinburgh)
- David Boldrin (Imperial)
- Alex Gibbs (ISIS)
Engineering (Session organisers: Thilo Pirling, ILL; Tung Lik Lee, ISIS)
- John Bouchard (Open University)
- Christopher Truman (Bristol)
- Kun Yan (Manchester)
- Ralf Ziesche (UCL)
- John Brokx & Mushfiqur Rahman (OU/ILL)
- Cui Er Seow (Bristol)
- Dirk Visser (Loughborough)
- Di Wen (Cambridge)
Chemistry & Catalysis (Session organisers: Ian Silverwood, ISIS; Peter Fouquet, ILL)
- Joao Cabral (Imperial)
- Ivana Evans (Durham)
- Sabrina Gaertner (ISIS)
- Sihai Yang (Manchester)
- Tony Tamtoegl (Graz, Austria)
- Duncan Gregory (Glasgow)
- Christian Pfrang (Birmingham)
- Marta Falkowska (Manchester)
We look forward to seeing you in Warwick very shortly!.