This is a chance for UK users of neutron and muon beams to hear about latest science using these techniques, together with facility updates and other news of interest to the community.
Registration for the meeting is now open here
and will close on 30 March 2018
Registration is free to researchers at UK universities, and we will also cover reasonable travel expenses for UK researchers to attend the meeting.
- Wed 25 April (11.00am onwards) will be a day for students who use neutrons and muons in their work – a chance to meet other students, and to learn more about neutron and muon techniques, and about the research that fellow students are doing.
- Thurs 26 April (09.00 onwards) will be the main science day, split into five themes with talks on latest results from members of the community.
- Fri 27 April (09.00 – 13.00) will be a chance to hear about facility updates and other news of interest to ILL and ISIS users.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Sean Giblin (Cardiff University )
- Chris Stock (The University of Edinburgh)
- Emma McCabe (University of Kent)
- Henrik Jacobsen (University of Oxford)
- Oleg Petrenko (University of Warwick)
- Steven Bramwell (UCL and London Centre for Nanotechnology)
- Paul Freeman (University of Central Lancashire)
- Yimin Chao (University of East Anglia)
- Nik Reeves-McLaren (Sheffield University)
- Anne Guilbert (Imperial College London)
- Simon Hibble (University of Oxford)
- Siân Dutton (University of Cambridge)
- Holly Hedgeland (The Open University)
- Tom Lancaster (Durham University)
- Anthony Reid (Sheffield)
- Nathan Zaccai (Cambridge University)
- Adam Squires (Bath University)
- Rachel Evans (Cambridge University)
- Ali Zarbakhsh (Queen Mary University London)
- Richard Moat (Open University)
- Přemysl Beran (ESS)
- Manuel Morgano (ESS)
- Saurabh Kabra, Tung Lik Lee (ISIS)
- Duncan Atkins (ILL)
- Anna Fedrigo (ISIS)
- Ranggi Ramadhan (Coventry University)
- Llion Evans, Yigiang Wang (CCFE)
- Sanghamitra Mukhopadhyay (ISIS)
- Alexander O'Malley (Cardiff University)
- Andrea Piovano (ILL)
- Natasaha Rhys (Oxford University)
- Oliver Hammond (Bath University)
Attendees at the 2017 NMSUM meeting