This Facilities website and its sub sites are managed by STFC which is part of UK Research and Innovation.
These Terms and Conditions outline what services we can provide for you and what therefore we need from you so we can provide these services.
Our privacy notice describes how we how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use these websites.
Our ICT acceptable use policy describes proper usage of and behaviour on our ICT systems with the overall aim of protecting the rights and privacy of all employees, and the integrity and reputation of the Research Council.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, our ICT acceptable use policy, and/or our privacy notice, please do not register for or use the Facilities Site.
The short version
- We ask you to only register an account for yourself and don't share your password.
- Help us keep your personal details up-to-date by updating your contact details when you move organisations or departments.
- We will only use the data you give us so we can prepare for your experiment and/or visit, administer funding, enable us to operate the facilities you need to do your experiment, and so you can analyze the data afterwards. We will also use it to create statistics and reports that are required of us to meet our obligations for public accountability and the dissemination of information.
- You can find out why we ask for specific bits of information by reading our privacy notice.
- We ask you to follow our ICT acceptable use policy.
Use of the Facilities websites
The Facilities websites are provided to you free of charge for your use to manage your interactions with the RAL Facilities (ISIS Facility and Central Laser Facility, we or us) subject to these Terms and Conditions, our ICT acceptable use policy and our privacy notice.
The Facilities websites include:
- Your Details for registering and keeping your details up-to-date (users.facilities.rl.ac.uk/auth)
- Proposals systems for submitting applications for time at our facilities (proposal.isis.rl.ac.uk)
- Visits for accommodation & travel requests (users.facilities.rl.ac.uk/visits)
- Safety Tests (users.facilities.rl.ac.uk/safetytest)
- Risk Assessments for ISIS Experiments (users.facilities.rl.ac.uk/eras)
- Mobile (m.facilities.rl.ac.uk)
You must only create an account for yourself. You must not register on someone else's behalf.
You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details.
Please check your details regularly. We may ask you periodically to check your details after a period of inactivity.
Password and security
When you register to use the Facilities websites you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities that occur using your account. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting the ISIS & CLF User Office immediately.
If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Facilities website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
Use of your information and your preferences
We use the information provided by you via these websites for the purposes of administering your experiment and/or visit and operating the facility for the benefit of the user community.
We use the information in the creation of statistics and reports that are required of us.
This information will be stored manually and/or electronically. For more information on how we use your information see our privacy notice.
We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Facilities Site. The changes will apply to the use of the Facilities Site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions you should not continue to use the Facilities Site. If you continue to use the Facilities Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Facilities Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.