Accepted sample types
- Powders (loose and pressed)
- Fused beads
- A dedicated large sample mode can accommodate larger objects up to a size of 10 x 20 x 10 cm (H x W x D).
A 10-position autosampler allows for multiple sample throughput.
- Metal-ceramic, side-window X-ray tube (max. 50 kV, 3 mA, 15 W)
- Ag anode
- Six tube filters (Kapton, Ti, 2x Al, Cu & Ag)
- He gas purge to improve intensities of lighter elements such as F, Na, Mg and Al
The instrument is controlled by PANalytical’s Epsilon3 software which also facilitates qualitative and quantitative analysis, including the ‘Omnian’ package for standardless analysis.
Further options for sample preparation include a high-temperature furnace for preparing fused beads from your sample material. More details can be found on the Sample Preparation page.