I am an instrument scientist in quasi elastic neutron scattering (QENS) instruments, IRIS and OSIRIS, at ISIS.
I also do atomistic simulations of functional materials using first principles density functional theory (DFT) and molecular dynamics (MD) and analyse neutron scattering experiments using these simulations techniques.
My research interests include:
- functional materials for organic ferroelectrics and solar cells
- energy materials for high temperature solid oxide fuel cells
- molten salts and ionic liquids
- dynamics on surfaces, interfaces and catalysis
- magnetic semiconductors
- simulations of neutron spectroscopy using lattice dynamics and molecular dynamics
I develop and maintain data analysis and reduction software Mantid for the molecular spectroscopy group. The recent developments include the abINS algorithm for inelastic neutron scattering (INS) data analysis and the data analysis of QENS spectra within Mantid funded by SINE2020.
I have co-organised MDANSE2018, MDANSE2016 schools, MSSM2015 users meeting and CMMP2010 (Energy Materials Symposium) at IOP.
My publications will be found in ePubs and Google Scholar.